Hardware Kits - simplify daily feeding by converting our Mini, Half or Square EcoNet into a handy Stall or Fence Feeder. Once attached you just toss the hay into the net & are done...no more tying, hanging, or undoing nets to take to the hay pile & returning to feed !! Note - net is Not included.
PEX FRAME KIT: For mounting on fences or panels. Includes pex pipe, pressure fit connector, 4 clamp's with screws and nails to attach to board or rail fence, cable ties for panel/metal fencing and detailed instructions. Net sold separately.
- To install: start by weaving the open folded edge of the net onto Pex, then push the Pex ends into the connector (will need to cut the size down if using Mini or Trailer Net), evenly spread net on frame & mount on the inside (horse side) of fence/pen. The frame is approx. 2ft in Diameter
*** Shod Horses - hang so the bottom of the net is at chest height or higher.
*** Works best with Mini or Half nets, Square size nets hold too much and may be too heavy for the frame.
HOSE KIT for EZ Feeders: Available in Medium or Large. This kit is for weaving the net onto the hose, to attach to your round bale feeder. Included are the hose, connector, clamps, and cable ties.
- Start by inserting the connector into 1 end of the hose and tightening a clamp over top to secure.
- Weave every other hole of the folded edge net onto the opposite end (so you have a double-layered net wove on the hose), spread the net out over the hose, and then set inside your feeder.
- Position inside the feeder & start to fasten in place (not too tight in case you need to adjust). When you get it attached all the way around the feeder, cut off any excess hose, slip clamp over end & connect the 2 ends, tightening clamp to secure!
- Do any re-adjusting of the net before tightening zip ties & make sure you have used enough so that the hose is attached approx. every 1 ft or so along inside of feeder if possible.
TIP: If SHOD horses have access to the net, be sure to hang so bottom of net is at chest height or higher. This way they shouldn't be able to paw & get hung up or caught. Use caution with all SHOD horses & nets of any kind.
The following kits are not always available:
SQUARE METAL FRAME KIT: For mounting in box stalls, run-ins, or loafing sheds. This kit is metal, can be used against a solid flat wall with hinges to open sideways for filling with hay, mounted in the top corner of stall to just toss hay up & into or mounted similar to Pex kit on fence or stall front. The frame is approx. 20" x 20" & weighs 3 lbs. We do not have a closure/lock at this time but Elastic Ball Ties work well and a clip is included to use for hooking closed.
Also "Corner Metal Frame" for box stalls or loafing sheds !!
*** Fits our Mini, Half or Square nets.
*** Note: Our HD Trailer Nets will Not fit.
*** Note: Nets from other manufacturers may not fit, as our frame is too big !!